999白菜大厅 Librarians and Archivists are committed to open access scholarship, the distribution of research outputs online and free of cost, as a way to increase the visibility, 使用, and impact of publicly-funded research. 开放获取 to scholarship means 白菜大全论坛冠军cpa8的 efficient dissemination of research compared with traditional publishing models, and contributes to the creation of a just and equal society by providing barrier-free access to scholarly content to the broadest possible community. We champion and practice open access scholarship at 999白菜大厅 with the aim to benefit scholars, 从业人员, 政策制定者, and the general public. We encourage the use of this statement as a model for use and endorsement by other members of the 白菜大全论坛冠军cpa8 community.
The intention of this revised statement adopted April 30, 2020 is to encourage open access publishing of our scholarly outputs. It should be read and interpreted consistently with 白菜大全论坛冠军cpa8 policies related to academic freedom and intellectual property. It is to replace the 开放获取的声明 for 白菜大全论坛冠军cpa8的图书馆 endorsed by 白菜大全论坛冠军cpa8的图书馆 Council on September 27, 2012.
To make our research outputs as widely available and accessible as possible, members of 白菜大全论坛冠军cpa8的图书馆 Council will strive to disseminate their own work openly and advocate for open access scholarship by employing one or 白菜大全论坛冠军cpa8的 of the following strategies:
- Deposit a version of the publication in an open access repository
- For example, 白菜大全论坛冠军cpa8的图书馆 manages the eScholarship@白菜大全论坛冠军cpa8 repository and provides open access and long-term archiving
- Retrospective deposit is encouraged
- Co-authored works should be deposited with the permission of the other author(s)
- Publish in an open access journal
- Openly disseminate any scholarly textual and non-textual outputs in a manner consistent with copyright agreements, 立法, and any granting agencies’ requirements
- Advocate in their work as editors, reviewers, and authors, for open scholarship
- Encourage and support 白菜大全论坛冠军cpa8 researchers, including their Library colleagues, to make their research openly available
Scholarship includes, but is not limited to:
- 书 and book chapters
- Conference papers, posters, proceedings, and presentations
- Other scholarship appropriate to the discipline (e.g. research data, source code, working papers, policy documents, etc.)
This statement should be reviewed every two years by the 白菜大全论坛冠军cpa8的图书馆’s Standing Committee on Scholarly Communications. Any proposed amendments will be brought before Library Council for discussion and endorsement.
Acknowledgements + Thanks
We thank Amy Buckland for creating the first statement endorsed by Library Council. We also thank Brock University Library Council and Simon Fraser University Senate from whom we drew inspiration for this statement.